Thursday, March 21, 2013

Your Own Argument and Opinions

  Did you agree or disagree with the rulings.  Provide some authority for your argument such as quotes from the book.

I did agree with the rulings as far as my attorney's listing of all the contracts and licensing that legally need to be handled before venturing onto starting a business. I asked Greg Smith a lot of questions I had that pertained to my major and to our reading. I found quotes that I found useful and informative in the text and asked him to elaborate on those quotes. One that I brought up to my attorney was, “The creative Commons is a nonprofit enterprise that encourages copyright owners to share their works with the public in various innovative ways including dedications to the public domain or through a series of licenses.”pg 243 Copyright Law. After mentioning this quote he was able to give me a list of copyright laws and help me to understand protection and licensing procedures. 
Although, one thing that I did find interesting about my discussion with my Lawyer was his need to elaborate to me on how he thought I should have another degree aside from my "creative" degree. He has a lot of nerve in telling me what I should study or to have the opinion to add a whole different education to my credits.


No comments:

Post a Comment